Downscaled climate model dataset covering conterminous U.S. is now available
A new statistically downscaled climate model dataset covering the conterminous U.S. is now available for download in the USGS GeoData Portal. This dataset is called MACAv2-METDATA and it contains daily downscaled meteorological and hydrological projections for the conterminous U.S. at 4-km resolution.
The dataset includes the following variables:
- Maximum & minimum temperature
- Precipitation amount
- Maximum & minimum relative humidity-the amount of moisture in the air compared to what the air can ‘hold’ at that temperature.
- Specific humidity-the ratio of the mass of water vapor in the air to the total mass of air
- Downward shortwave solar radiation-shortwave energy from the Sun that reaches the land-surface
- Eastward & northward wind