Field tour on fire history and fire ecology in Yellowstone
Hosted by the Northern Rockies Fire Science Network, this 2-day tour will stimulate discussion and learning around the following topics: historical fire regimes of Yellowstone, factors that influence post-fire recovery, and potential ecological consequences of increased fire frequency with a warming climate.
This event is designed to create dialogue among scientists and managers and put fire ecology research in the context of real-life limitations and situations that influence decision making and planning.
Researchers and managers who will be participating, include:
- Diane Abendroth, Fire Ecologist, Teton Interagency Fire
- Brian Harvey, Postdoc, University of Colorado-Boulder
- Dave McWethy, Research Professor, Montana State University
- Roy Renkin, Acting Chief, Vegetation and Resource Operations, National Park Service
- Becky Smith, Fire Ecologist, Yellowstone National Park
- Monica Turner, Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Cathy Whitlock, Professor, Montana State University