Science Workshop - Leavenworth, WA
The Great Northern LCC will convene a 2-day workshop, April 29-30, 2013, to develop a vetted outline for a comprehensive Science Plan intended to drive science direction and funding for the Great Northern LCC for 5 years, 2014-2018.
A Science Plan is identified as a critical strategic need in LCC Network and Great Northern LCC governance and operational documents and GNLCC intends to produce a complete 5-yr Science Plan by January 2014. Participants at the workshop will include funded Principal Investigators, other partner scientists, and key science planners from the region. The workshop will be preceded by 4-5 webinars to set the stage for constructive dialog and science planning at the workshop. A meeting of the Great Northern LCC Steering Committee, which may be of interest to some attendees of the Science Plan Workshop, will be held on May 1-2 in the same location as the workshop.
For more information, contact Sean Finn, Science Coordintator
Meeting Times and Location
Tentatively, the meeting will run from April 29-30. The meeting will be held at the Best Western Plus Icicle Inn, 504 Highway 2, Leavenworth, Washington.
- Flights are available from Seattle to Wenatchee, which is 22 miles from Leavenworth. There is no shuttle bus from the hotel, though there is a fee shuttle available, as well as rental cars.
- Amtrak provides daily train service from Seattle directly to Leavenworth, see http://www.iciclevillage.com/explore/iciclen-train-station.
- Seattle to Leavenworth by car (Google maps shows both routes take 2 hrs 15 mins):
- 117 miles by shortest route, with ~100 miles on 2-lane road
- 135 miles via longer I90 route, of which only ~50 miles on 2-lane road
Lodging is available at the Best Western Plus Icicle Inn, where the meeting is being held. The Best Western is providing government rate for rooms, which they have quoted as $77 + 11.3% tax per night. For reservations call (800) 558-2438 and ask for the GNLCC block of rooms.