Steering Committee Meeting - Leavenworth, WA
Meeting Times and Location
Tentatively, the meeting will run from 12pm on May 1 through 3pm on May 2. The meeting will be held at the Best Western Plus Icicle Inn, 504 Highway 2, Leavenworth, Washington.
- Flights are available from Seattle to Wenatchee, which is 22 miles from Leavenworth. There is no shuttle bus from the hotel, though there is a fee shuttle available, as well as rental cars.
- Amtrak provides daily train service from Seattle directly to Leavenworth, see http://www.iciclevillage.com/explore/iciclen-train-station.
- Seattle to Leavenworth by car (Google maps shows both routes take 2 hrs 15 mins):
- 117 miles by shortest route, with ~100 miles on 2-lane road
- 135 miles via longer I90 route, of which only ~50 miles on 2-lane road
Lodging is available at the Best Western Plus Icicle Inn, where the meeting is being held. The Best Western is providing government rate for rooms, which they have quoted as $77 + 11.3% tax per night. For reservations call (800) 558-2438 and ask for the GNLCC block of rooms.
Meeting attendees will be on their own for all food. We are looking into the potential to have a mixer or evening group dinner (again, on your own) on May 1st.
We are evaluating options and interest in tours. One option is for a May 2nd tour of the USFWS Leavenworth Fish Hatchery. Please contact Scott Bischke if you would be interested in attending such a tour, or have suggestions for others.