BC-MT Transboundary Flathead MOU Workshop
Date and Time:
Sep 5, 2012 8:00 am MDT
Location: Flathead National Forest, Hungry Horse Ranger District Office, Hungry Horse, MT
- Build on the directive of the Flathead Executive Group by initiating engagement of the jurisdictional managers towards implementation of the Transboundary Flathead Workplan.
- Initiate a dialogue amongst partners re garding coordinated implementation of Action Items in the Transboundary Flathead Workplan specifically pertaining to coordinating science information and data - sharing for aquatic resources.
- Sharing successes of existing transboundary science and manageme nt partnerships that would inform climate change adaptation for aquatic communities.
- Initiate dialogue around climate change adaptation, and discuss a framework for what a Flathead adaptation strategy would look like, building on the aquatic scientific data currently available.
- Develop a plan and a process for integrating the science across multiple jurisdictions.
- Determine next steps.