- Partner Forums
- Supported Science
- Demo Projects
- Contact Us
Steering Committee Meeting - Whitefish, MT
Date:Sep 20, 2011 - Sep 21, 2011
Event Type:GNLCC Steering Committee
The Steering Committee meeting will begin at 10am on September 20 and end on September 21 at 12pm.
Location and Times
Tuesday, September 20
- 8:30am - 5:00pm: Meeting at Grouse Mountain Lodge Conference Room
- 6:00pm: Shared boat ride at Glacier National Park and group dinner in tandem with attendees of the Western Mountain Initiative (Lake McDonald Lodge)
Wednesday, September 21
- 8:30am -12:00pm: Meeting at Grouse Mountain Lodge Conference Room
- 1:00pm: Optional Tour/Field Trip (tentative)
*There is an opportunity for joint attendance with Second Annual Conference on the Crown of the Roundtable, September 22-23 in Polson, MT (67 miles south on Rt US-93).*
Grouse Mountain Lodge
2 Fairway Dr
Whitefish, MT 59937
- Block of rooms held under Great Northern LCC - available until August 5th.
- Cost for the rooms is the Federal Per Diem rate of $87.00 + local taxes.
Family and Tourism
Glacier National Park is an easy 30 minute drive east from Whitefish, MT.
The closest airport is Kalispell City Airport, Kalispell, MT which is 15 miles south from Whitefish, MT on Rt US-93. Another option is Missoula, MT which is 136 miles south from Whitefish, MT on US-93.Driving from I-90 Missoula is same as for drive from Missoula Airport. Take US-93 North 136 miles to Whitefish, MT.
Directions from Kalispell City Airport (easy, direct 15 mile drive)
Opportunities to Use Science, Information, and Tools in Large Landscape Conservation (Whitefish, MT)
Science and Coordination in the Transboundary Flathead and the Crown of the Continent Ecosystems (Whitefish, MT)